Massage & Energy Balancing for Women
Offering Energy Focused Massage Therapy & Foot Reflexology
My greatest asset is sensing your body’s energy and allowing that flow of information to guide my hands. Using proper pressure and techniques, I tailor the session to create balance, relaxation & pain relief. Your body is wise and will show me how best to proceed.
My services can greatly benefit the nervous & hormonal systems of women, allowing more balance & functionality, especially for those who are more sensitive to the energetic, environmental, & emotional aspects of our changing world.
The Current Options for Purchase:
Energy Focused Massage Therapy 60 min $85, 90 min $115
This service starts off with a few minutes of foot reflexology & ends with a hot towel on your back.
Energy focused Back & Neck Massage 30 min $55
This service ends with a hot towel on your back.
Foot Reflexology Massage 20 min $40
This service works the reflex points on the feet and ankles, relieving stress and offering a sense of being grounded.
Book an Appointment
Buy a Package
Monica’s Latest Posts and News
- August 31, 2021Health / Massage / ReflexologyFoot Reflexology by Monica Miller The balance and movement of our bodies is effected by the condition of our feet. Our feet also respond to the condition of our bodies, as well as the rigorous motions we put ourselves through during exercise, driving, and standing for long periods. Keeping the blood circulation and lymph system moving, as well as toning the structure of the feet are important aspects of Massage Therapy. Relaxation and better movement are keys to our well being. Massage of the feet and lower legs can bring relief from physical stress. Foot Massage with focus on the “reflex points” is a perfect tool for this. Reflexology has been termed “compression massage” and targets specific points on the feet. These points are thought to be connected by a network of nerves that lead to organs, muscles and glands of the body. Reflexology can break up crystalline deposits formed at the nerve endings and can result in better functioning. The stimulation of these subcutaneous (beneath the skin) receptors can remove blockages and add to your vitality and balance....
- August 31, 2021Health / MassageThere are many reasons why an individual might search out a Massage Therapist. These reasons can include recovery from an injury or surgery – especially affecting a joint or extremity, muscle tightness that is limiting the body’s functionality and causing pain and stiffness. Others are prompted to find relief from anxiety, general stress and fatigue, or to seek maximum tone and flexibility for their bodies. Those of us that specialize in the energetic and emotional component with clients know that as the body releases its built up tension, the emotions and the energy begin to flow and more of a balance is reached. Emotions are held in the body and can create constriction if not allowed to flow through (the process of feeling the emotion and then letting it flow out). We practitioners experience this when we ourselves are clients as we delve into our process of healing and balancing through breathing and letting go as we are worked upon, allowing not only the excess energy of being caregivers, but also that of our own personal physical and emotional tendencies. If we feel overwhelmed by our daily activities, we might begin to hold our shoulders up or closer to our bodies. As we relax those shoulders during a massage session, we can briefly release the need to protect ourselves that way – and learn new ways. Each time we do this we are creating a new pattern within ourselves and how we hold our bodies. Massage is a great way to allow healing on all levels, if needed. Or if you simply want some time for yourself. I offer a safe place for clients to relax and feel nurtured. I enjoy being of service in that way....
- August 31, 2021Fibromyalgia / Health / MassageMy thoughts on Fibromyalgia and Massage Therapy by Monica Miller I am still piecing together information from articles, my previous class, and info from related websites giving information on Fibromyalgia. As with most conditions, there are theories based on scientific studies and people’s experiences. It seems clear that because of physical trauma/injury or emotional trauma (or sustained trauma of either kind) changes occur in the nervous system, hormonal system and in the chemical/nutritional supply that feeds the function of muscular contraction and release, the release/relaxation part of this process being inhibited – creating stiffness and inflammation. These reactions can lead to changes in pain sensitivity, hormonal balance, and posture – especially upper back and neck posture, contributing to the forward tilt of the head. Anxiety, sleep disturbance and depression are often involved. Emotional, physical & energetic responses are interwoven, each facet bringing its own sensations into the mix. I believe, like with any type of balancing or healing we do in our lives, starting with one aspect (physical or emotional, for example) may be the key for one individual. Another person may be able to combine approaches utilizing methods effecting shifts “across the board”. Some sources promote the use of Swedish Massage for Fibromyalgia and related conditions, while others affirm that a structured and more specific system of massage with a delegated number of session and breaks in between certain numbers of sessions to be most beneficial. It is said that gentle massage can be soothing and bring the benefits that massage is known for: increase of circulation, relaxation of muscle fibers, movement of lumph fluid, but that attention should be paid to the days when clients have “fibro flare ups” and are more sensitive to touch. As with the general population, those with Fibromyalgia who are new to Massage Therapy may experience a little more fatigue or pain after the first few sessions, as the body is releasing buildups of chemicals such as calcium, increasing oxygen in the system, and stimulating more proper muscle states. I will be writing more on this. A few links: https://www.massagetherapy.com/articles/index.php/article_id/644/Treating-Fibromyalgia https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/147083.php https://www.fibromyalgia-symptoms.org/fibromyalgia_massage.html https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/268334.php...
- August 31, 2021Aromatherapy / Essential Oils / MassageFrankincense– anti inflammatory and soothing to the skin. Used for scars, skin irritation & dry skin. Calming to the nervous system. Jasmine– helps ease inflammation, is used on sensitive and dry, irritated skin. Eases stress, depression, anxiety. Juniper– used for arthritis and gout, since it helps expel uric acid from the body (not to be used in cases of kidney disease). Helps calm muscle spasms and also helps calm the nervous system. Lavender– soothing to the skin and is used for burns, sunburn & inflammation. Calming to the nervous system and has anti microbial and antiseptic properties. Peppermint– stimulating, eases headache and migraines, helps breathing & clears sinuses, eases digestiion and muscle pain. Rosemary– stimulates surface circulation & is used for muscle tension and joints. Has antiseptic and anti fungal properties. Spearmint– similar to peppermint, but is less powerful (and has a sweeter scent). Is used for headache, muscle pain and digestion. Myrrh– used for eczema, athletes foot, cracked, dry skin. Has anti fungal, anti microbial, astringent, and antiseptic properties....
- August 31, 2021Pregnancy / Prenatal MassageScheduling a Prenatal Massage allows the expectant mother to relax and create a space for comfort and pampering for herself. The Massage Therapist gives gentle bodywork to relax muscles, increase circulation, improve lymph flow and give an overall sense of calm and well being to the client. A Prenatal Massage can give the client a renewed feeling of physical strength by improving muscle function and the movement of fluids. It is a lovely way for the expectant mother to allow herself some time for nurturing and being taken care of, so that she can then be more effective and at ease in her life. Putting an hour aside for a Prenatal Massage is a gift for yourself or for someone you love....
- August 31, 2021Massage / ReflexologyMassage Therapy can offset the rigors of training for marathons or races, and allow competitors to perform without the pain and stress of over-worked muscles. Alleviating excess stress and providing muscles nutrition by the increase of circulation, Massage Therapy can greatly improve one’s exercise experience. The removal of waste products is also a benefit, as Massage Therapy stimulates not only blood and lymph circulation but helps the urinary system and the skin eliminate toxins. Drinking extra water prior to – and after – a massage session greatly contributes to this process. Foot Reflexology is a concentrated massage on the “reflex points” of the feet. Stimulating these points with pressure/massage sends energy flow throughout the body. Book your session online today! HeartSong bodywork invites you to experience services that help alleviate stress and rebalance your energies. HeartSong Bodywork is a place to relax, unwind and rejuvenate with Massage Therapy, Reflexology, Essential Oil Treatments. Monica Miller is a licensed Massage Therapist practicing in Missouri, specializing in Reflexology. She enjoys learning about the sutler energy systems of the body, and has certification in Attunement and Reiki techniques. Sessions are by appointment only. [email protected] 816-686-7555...